Did you know?
Half of American households own pets and half of those pets sleep either right in the bed or somewhere in the bedroom. Some studies say sleeping with pets is beneficial because people feel more secure. Other studies say people found sleeping with pets very disruptive. With that in mind, if half of the pets are sleeping with their owners then what can you do to decrease the tossing and turning! Whether you feel secure or “exhausted” is there anything proactive you can do to help?
Six Plants to help you sleep
Did you ever consider plants to help you sleep even with your pet in the room? Flowers too! Yes, ordering a bed for your pet to sleep in is a smart idea but just in case you fall into the category of people that like their dogs in their beds at night, consider these six plants:
- Jasmine: It’s proven to reduce anxiety levels
- Lavender: Has many benefits but research shows it helps with stress
- Aloe-Vera: Emits oxygen at night, making for a more restful slumber. These are also super low-maintenance plants. (Above: #2 in the image)
- Bamboo Palm: This plant is known for being a great air purifier and it provides a tropical feeling in your bedroom.
- The Spider Plant: The NASA tests showed it to remove around 90% of the potentially cancer-causing chemical formaldehyde from the air. (Above: #1 in the image)
- The ZZ plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): The ZZ plant is capable of “cleaning” the indoor air and making it healthier for humans to breathe. (Above: #3 in the image)
And if you don’t believe us – NASA did a study! If these ideas work for astronauts you should at least try adding one of the above. The staff at Fang can answer any questions you have about plants to help you sleep and show you around the garden center. Come check it out today!