What: Covid-safe Santa photos, a virtual event to benefit The Pongo Fund, and Brown Hope.
Start getting your pets ready for this year’s COVID-friendly photos with Santa. Our event will look a little different this year as we are going virtual rather than in-person to keep you, Santa, and their elves healthy and safe.
Our annual Santa photo event has become a tradition in the community, and we want that to continue. Santa will do all the work for you by creating fun holiday scenes that can incorporate photos of your pets and family. We will have many designs for you to choose from with all the excitement and charm of our past events.
All you need to do from the safety of your home is to pick a background and provide us with your favorite photo of your pet. We will do all the rest. Plus, you will still get all the perks of years past.
You can use these for your holiday cards! A card brings everyone together during these tough months.
- A single high-resolution photo can be submitted with one or more pets. You can send us as many photos as you’d like for a minimum $20 donation per Santa photo/frame. One photo per frame, please! One photo can have multiple pets, this is your chance to get a holiday card made with the pets that perhaps wouldn’t have been appropriate for an in-person photo event (your pet snake for example).
- Just like years past, each Santa photo donation will come with a goodie box! You pick which store to pick up your box and this year they are more incredible than ever before. Coupons, toys, treats, food and more will be in these Santa photo goodie boxes so don’t miss out.
- But let’s not stop there! We decided this year to spread some holiday cheer and excitement by hiding four golden tickets inside special boxes at each store. You could win, a shopping spree discount, free pet food, and other surprises just by picking up your box.
- You will also be entered into our instore raffle with your choice to win an epic dog or cat themed prize. Extra tickets can be purchased along with your donation.
- Owners will receive a high-resolution digital copy of their Santa photo on the background of their choice to print at their convenience.
When: Begins November 21st and runs through December 20th
Start making your photo list so you have plenty of images to choose from when we open up the event to customers. Don’t forget to get photos of your reptiles and chickens! We’ll update social media and another blog post with the link to the event when it’s ready to go live!
We will ask for a minimum of $20 per pet photo. All proceeds will be split evenly between both of these essential non-profit organizations.
Brown Hope is a non-profit incubator for racial justice solutions that engage Black, Brown, and Indigenous Portlanders in connecting and taking collective actions that create healing for us all. Current Brown Hope initiatives include the Black Resilience Fund, Power Hour, Blackstreet Bakery, and Equity and Beyond.
The Pongo Fund:
The Pongo Fund is Oregon’s only full-time charity focused on fighting animal hunger. They work tirelessly to reduce shelter populations and keep families together by providing emergency pet food assistance to anyone in honest need. The Pet Food Bank is the heart and soul of The Pongo Fund. A no-frills warehouse packed with thousands of bags of nutritious dog and cat food.
Follow us on social media and keep an eye on our website for updates to the event!