When: Saturday, October 19, 2019, from 12 PM – 5 PM
Help us celebrate 7 years in the Kenton Neighborhood at this pet event at Fang! First, we have a huge raffle of amazing pet and garden-related prizes. All the proceeds will be split between our friends at ‘Oregon Wild & One Tail At A Time Dog Rescue.’
In addition to the raffle prizes, this pet event/party will include face painting, a pet costume contest, and pumpkins. We’ll also have dog gelato and a selfie station. We’re planning a huge sale and 40% off all outdoor garden center inventory which includes large pottery and pottery sets.
We’ve been keeping this a secret but we also have a specialty beer brewed for us by Mayfly and Laurelwood Brewing! Samples will be served at the party and on tap at Mayfly in Kenton. We’ll also have drinks and snacks in addition to the beer.
Halloween Mini Photo Session for Pets
There will be a Halloween mini photo session. It starts at $45 for one pet and includes a 5×7 print and low-res digital file. Additional pets are $10 per pet. You can see photos at www.phidophotography.com. Sign us up! Note that any pets comfortable with the distractions of a party and ‘photoshoot’ going on are welcome.
Adoptable Munchkins from ‘One Tail at a Time Dog Rescue’
They’ll bring adoptable dogs so get ready to meet your next best friend! Up to five dogs will be at the event to meet you. The adoption event is from noon to 2 p.m.
Thank you to our vendors! Look out for booths…
Don’t miss rescue organizations Oregon Wild and One Tail at a Time!
- Oregon Wild
- One Tail at a Time
- Kenton Animal Hospital
- Primal Pet Foods
- Fishbone Pottery
- Sato Sharpening
- Mayfly Tap House
- Laurelwood Brewing Company
- Chow Down Dog Treats
- Express Labor
- Smith & Gardener
- Flower Arrangements by Bloom Cocky
- Victorian Bell Mansion
- Fat Knots Macrame
- Express Employment Professionals
Tips on keeping your animals safe on Halloween
The Preventive Vet tells us that if you do want to include your dog in Halloween activities there are some tips for keeping them happy and safe.
- Know their limits. “Make sure you’re aware of their tolerance for things like wearing a costume or being out with the neighborhood kids on the trick-or-treat route.”
- Get your dog used to their costume well before Halloween! You’ll want to reward your dog every time the costume goes on AND off.
- ‘Leave it and drop it’ may save your dog’s life. “With Halloween comes lots of candy, which means more chances for your dog to consume toxic items like chocolate, raisins, and xylitol.”
- Keep your dog on a leash to make sure they don’t dash out the door every time it’s opened for littles.
- It’s time for reflective gear so make sure those LED collars and leashes are all set up for time out of the house during that busy Halloween evening!
Please join us at ‘The Fall Fest’ on October 19 and don’t miss the opportunity to try our special ‘human’ beer as we’re really excited for the community to sample what was made exclusively for Fang! Pet & Garden Supply. You’ll love the Halloween Mini-Photo Pet Session with Phido Photography. See you there!